Swank Digital Campus provides streaming access to feature films. These films may only be viewed through the Swank Digital Campus platform. Films may be shown in class or assigned to enrolled students to view outside of class. The films do not have public performance rights.
Films are licensed for one year from the date it is added to the portal.
Here is how the process works:
1. Search the Swank Catalog to see if the feature film you want is available.
2. Use this form to request the addition of a film to CPCC Library's Swank portal.
3. Once licensed, share the direct link provided with students.
Note: Activation may take up to 48 hours (Monday-Friday) after movie is licensed.
|12 Angry Men (1957)||Feb. 28, 2021|
|Babies (2010)||Feb. 28, 2021|
|Beloved (1998)||Nov. 30, 2020|
|BlacKkKlansman (2018)||Feb. 28, 2021|
|Bombshell (2019)||Mar. 31, 2021|
|Catfish (2010)||Mar. 31, 2021|
|Do I Sound Gay? (2014)||Feb. 28, 2021|
|Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)||Aug. 31, 2021|
|Good Night, and Good Luck (2005)||Aug. 31, 2021|
|Invictus (2009)||Jan. 30, 2021|
|Just Mercy (2019)||Jun. 30, 2021|
|Lady Bird (2017)||Feb. 28, 2021|
|The Motorcycle Diaries (2004)||Jul. 31, 2021|
|Queen & Slim (2020)||Mar. 31, 2021|
|Selma (2014)||Nov. 30, 2020|
1. What titles are available from Digital Campus?
"Swank Motion Pictures is the nontheatrical distributor for the majority of the major Hollywood studios as well as many independent, foreign, art house, and documentary offerings." Search available titles via the Swank Digital Campus Movie Search.
2. How do I get access to movie titles that aren't on the list of currently available films?
You can search Swank's website to see what titles they offer. If you see a title there you would like us to consider adding to our collection, please fill out the Swank Request Form. If Swank is unable to provide the title, we may purchase a DVD or find streaming video via other sources.
3. Is closed captioning available?
Yes, closed captioning is available for most films.
4. How long are the films activated in the Digital Campus portal?
Films are available for one year from their start date and may be reactivated for additional years if needed. Film reactivation MUST be requested. Films DO NOT renew automatically. It can take up to 48 hours for a film to be reactivated.
5. How do students access the films?
6. Will students need any special software to view the film?
No, if using Chrome browser. If using IE, Firefox, or Safari, you will need to download Google's Widevine Video Optimizer plugin.
7. Can I watch films on my mobile device?
8. Can I use a Swank film in a campus wide screening?
No. Films may be shown in class or assigned to enrolled students to view outside of class. The films do not have public performance rights.
Contact Doug Short, Online Services Librarian
Swank uses Google's Widevine Video Optimizer. It is pre-installed in Chrome. However you will be asked to download the Widevine Video Optimizer if using IE, Firefox, or Safari.
Simply download the plugin and you should be ready to view. You may need to restart your browser.