Founded in 2020, The Charlotte Racial Justice Consortium (CRJC) is a partnership between Central Piedmont Community College, Johnson C. Smith University, Johnson & Wales University - Charlotte Campus, Queens University of Charlotte, and the University of North Carolina, Charlotte. In 2020, the CRJC was selected by the Association of American Colleges & Universities (AAC&U) as a Truth, Racial Healing, and Transformation Campus Center.
- Understand, recognize, and work towards healing the separation in Charlotte’s segregated past and present.
- Embrace a more comprehensive narrative on race.
- Build respectful and trusting relationships among diverse members of our university and Charlotte communities.
- Develop student, staff, and faculty leaders who facilitate truth-telling, racial healing, and transformation.
- Transform the language and culture of race and racism on our campuses and in the Charlotte community.