PLEASE NOTE: Blackboard and Films on Demand works best with Mozilla Firefox.
It will be easiest to have either two windows or tabs open in your web browser - one for Blackboard and one for Films on Demand. That will allow you to easily go back and forth between the two.
1. In Films on Demand, locate the video that you want embedded in Blackboard.
2. Click on the Share icon below the video. This will pull up the various embed options available (the box will default to email options. Click Embed/Link next to Email to see the embed links.)
3. In Blackboard, go to Build Content and Create Item.
4. Name the content (for example, insert the name of the video), then go to Insert/Edit Embedded Media on the third row of icons.
5. Change Type from Flash to Iframe
6. Copy the Record URL from the Embed/Link area in Films on Demand. Paste the link into the FIle/URL field in Blackboard
7. Copy the Embed Code from the Embed/Link section in Films on Demand. Go to the Source tab in Blackboard. If there is any content in this area already, delete it and replace it with the Embed Code from Films on Demand. The Embed Code should look like the code below.
8. If you haven't already named the content, be sure to do it now. At this point, you will only see a yellow box like the one below in the content box. This is fine. The content will display after you click Submit.
9. The video should now display in Blackboard.