What laser does the Makerspace have?
What materials does the Makerspace have for the laser?
- ⅛” plywood (sheet size varies, 12”x12” maximum)
- Cardstock (8.5”x11” and 12”x12”)
- Chipboard (8.5”x11 and 12”x12”)
- Cardboard (sizes and availability varies)
Can I bring my own materials to cut or engrave?
How do I get something cut or engraved?
- Please fill out the Laser Request Form to have something cut or engraved. Please provide as much information as possible. We will be in touch if we need more information. Generally we will respond to requests within two business days.
- Include estimated size of object and indicated clearly on the document which sections should be cut and which engraved
How often can I get something cut or engraved? Limitations?
- Users can submit two requests (i.e. two jobs) per week.
What is the cost to use the laser cutter?
- The laser cutter use and materials are free
Do I need any training to use the laser cutter?
- Cutting and engraving will be done by library staff. If you are interested, we will provide training on setting up files for laser cutting and engraving.
How do I submit jobs?
- You can submit jobs by filling out the Laser Request Form and attaching your file. See the guide on how to prepare your files.
What format should file submissions be in?
- It is recommended that you set up your files in the proper dimensions and export them as PDFs.